New blog, new life?

This is my first post in this blog.
I've had many websites, jobs, and blogs before. I'm hoping this one will be different.
Why, you ask?
Because in my new career as a nurse I have the option to travel the US and work, and I intend to take that opportunity.

This is me shortly after I graduated. At the tail end of my 20's I had decided that I was burnt out in my then job as a veterinary technician. I had been in the field for 7-8 years, was not utilizing the Bachelor's in Science I had paid the University of Florida so much money for. So I did what comes naturally to me: I went back to school. I choose nursing as a career because it's flexible and versatile plus I had the majority of prerequisites done and I had many technical skills that would laterally transfer over into the "Human Hospital". While I'm not done with school for good, I plan on moving up and not out of this field.

So where does my "wanderlust" come in?

I've always been a restless person. Never sitting still, never living in one place much longer than a year. Granted I've only lived in Florida, but this is where my family resides and this has always been home. After the untimely death of several loved ones, the most heartbreaking being that of my 14 year old sidekick Wiley, I was suddenly itching to roam. I have no idea where I'll go, or where I'll wind up or even what I'll encounter along the way. All I know is now is the time to do it. I'm a little scared of the uncertain but in looking back I realized that I usually jump into things I don't know and am scared of and usually come out okay (from buying a stick shift car I had no idea how to drive in high school, moving out on my own a couple weeks after my 18th birthday, to moving miles away to go to school, to disappearing for weeks at a time to go backpacking with my pooch). I'm hoping this time will not be any different.

So where I'm at now is the planning phase. I've got the truck: a 2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo edition. I've got the job that will let me travel: Registered Nurse with a corporate hospital, 2 years employed and 1 year practicing as an RN in early 2018. I've also got the deadline: My current residence is held in estate with plans to settle the estate and sell around May 2018. So now I've got the blog to detail my planning phase and to share with anyone who might be interested.

These are what I'm currently considering:
Sonic Travel Trailers
Casita Travel Trailers
This Gulfstream Trailer
This Forest River RV
Forest River Wildwood X Lite

My considerations for a travel trailer:
  • Trailer I can tow that's 3,400lbs of less (Based on this website's calculations)
  • Sleeps 2-4 people (really it's only me, but it'd be nice to have the option of people visiting)
  • Has a REAL bed, preferably a queen size bed (murphy beds are acceptable, but I don't want to convert a dinette into a bed every night)
  • A bathroom with a separate shower and toilet (preferably not next to the sleeping area)
  • No slides (not totally convinced on this one though, but I'm afraid it's just one more thing that can break)
  • $20,000 max - can be new or used
  • As much as I'd love a fifth wheel, unfortunately it's out of consideration as my truck does not have that kind of towing capacity
  • The bigger the fresh water tank and water heater the better
  • Ability to add solar panels down the road as I'd like to try boondocking and my step-brother works in the solar panel business
  • Open floor plan with versatile spaces, plenty of windows for natural light, and storage!
 It also has to be approved by this man, as he will be my travel companion on this journey yet to come.

Comments

Popular Posts