What's new in 2018

Since I haven't posted since November, here's a quick update. I went to an RV Expo, visited a few RV dealerships, and then before you knew it, the holidays were upon us. A couple of changes occurred over the holidays that has slightly restructured my thinking: Florida is now part of the RN compact license agreement, my car had several repairs that cost me several hundred dollars and were not just routine wear and tear, and also this happened...
Meet "Sansa" & "Briscoe"
I now have two dogs and the cat that will be residing with me. My original plan was to buy a smaller RV my truck could tow and live with that rig until my truck died or I tired of the RVing lifestyle. Since a new truck will probably be required sooner rather than later, I've started looking at larger RVs. So basically I'm starting the whole process all over again...

The bigger the RV the more options that seem to be available. I began my search with RVs that were about 30' and around 8,000 unloaded. I'm still looking for a slide, and would prefer a dinette and a couch since I now have the room for both. Wet baths aren't a thing in an RV this size so all I'd need is an bathroom that doesn't feel claustrophobic. I'm also wanting a full size queen mattress as the main bed, and bunk beds that I can convert into the "critter room".




This is the GulfStream Amerlite 255BH
Dry Weight4,880
Hitch Weight620
Net Carrying Capacity2,879
A few different years popped up on RV trader. Over all a nice floor plan that I'm excited to see in real life. I am not sure of the dimensions of the master bed, and double beds are a little over kill for the "critter room", but that carrying capacity though!


Shasta Flyte 265DB
Gross Volume Weight7575
Hitch Weight575
Net Carrying Capacity2,294
I'm biased when it comes to Shasta's, as my mom traveled in one as a kid and has fond memories. The floor plan is nice, and a local RV dealership has an older model and the price is definitely right!

Forest River Vibe Extreme Lite
Unloaded Volume Weight 5506
Hitch Weight 706
Carrying Capacity 1867











 Notice a trend in my floor plans? I'm not sure how I feel about a bathroom door, but it could come in handy.


Keystone Summerland 2820BH
Hitch Weight 690
Dry Weight 6439
Carrying Capacity 2161
I'm wanting to live lean, but if I can get 2,000lbs of storage, I'm going to take it.


Starcraft Avalon 26BHS
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 5800
Hitch Weight 687
After awhile, all RVs start to look the same...


Coachman Catalina SBX 261BHS
Unloaded Vehicle Weight Rating 6198
Hitch Weight 738
Cargo Carrying Capacity 1502
This floor plan and the above look identical. The prices, however, are not.



Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS
Unloaded Vehicle Weight 6335
Hitch Weight 605
Cargo Carrying Capacity 1915
People who own Jayco's tend to love their Jayco's.


Forest River Wildwood 28DBUD
Hitch Weight 805
Unloaded Vehicle Weight 5885
Cargo Carrying Capacity 1920
I prefer the smaller bunks since the dogs could easily reside in a twin bed space.

Comments

Popular Posts