RV Dealers are big kid toy stores

So earlier this week I had the opportunity to visit a rather large RV dealer in my state. I got to tour many different makes and model as well as get an idea of what a 17' trailer vs a 20'+ trailer felt like on the inside. I also got to see how far my money would take me. I have a few favorites that I like, but unfortunately they are all older, discontinued models.

 This is a 2014 Coachman Apex Ultra-Lite 22QBS. After sleeping on it, this is definately my favorite as it has all the amenities I was looking for, in addition to a stove, a huge closet/pantry, and a glass shower door. It doesn't have include the free standing table pictured, and I'd rather have a dinette than a couch. After some thought, however, it doesn't seem like too tricky of a first time DIY to remove the couch and make a dinette that could convert to a bed.
This is a 2014 Shasta Flyte 215CK. It has the added perk of not containing a slide, and ample seating/sleeping space in the rear. It lacks an oven, but that could probably be installed aftermarket. It has lots of storage and lots of natural light, but the bathroom is small, dark and slightly claustrophobic. It's also the heaviest trailer, but the longest.
This is a 2018 Passport Elite 19RB. I didn't get to tour this one personally, but it's mommy approved (she sent me the link) so there's that. It's got tons of natural light, counter space, and a nice rear bathroom. Seems to have a lot of storage, and a dinette. Plus being new, it's tricked out with all the latest and greatest. at 4300lbs and an unknown cost (dealer won't tell me unless I go to look at it), it's super low on my list at the moment, but it's always nice to dream?

I've been doing a little more research in my spare time. Mostly it's RV tips, tricks, hacks, and must-have necessities and gadgets. I started an Amazon wish-list of everything I'm encountering, but I highly doubt I'll be able to afford it all. One thing I realized is that RV camping is not as cheap as I had first thought. Yes it's cheaper than a sticks-n-bricks apartment, but after living in this already paid for mobile home for a couple of years everything looks expensive! I'll continue to do my research, and dream shop gadgets for my RV, and update this blog as I learn stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts