2020 and still entertaining the RV lifestyle

It's funny to look back at this blog and reflect. It's 2020 and a lot has changed, except for this blog.

My trusty, tried and true, Frontier Nismo met it's maker when a car pulled out in front of me after running a stop sign. Seeing as it was a 13 year old truck with 150,000+ miles on it, my insurance company totaled it even though the damage on my end was minimal. After combing through hundreds of used trucks I ended up sizing up and switching from import to American. Everyone, I'd like you to meet Red:

Red is a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 half ton light duty crew cab pick up truck. Red was purchased used through EVO motors and lived a brief 17,000 mile life as an Enterprise Rental vehicle. Red is bigger with a V8, but surprisingly gets better gas than my 2006 V6 import. It might be because Red will switch off four cylinders during extended driving to save gas.

The best part about having a bigger truck? I can tow a fifth wheel! I've been pouring all of my research into what is needed to tow and how much I can tow. I'm also combing Facebook marketplace, RV Trader, Craigslist and other sources for used fifth wheel trailers. I'm inspired by 188sqft and their beautiful Keystone Cougar renovation. I'm also trying to get into travel nursing, navigating life as a new auntie, getting used to our new normal post corona virus, and oh, did I mention? I got another cat. 

This blog will be more active as more happens. Until then, hang tight!

Comments

Popular Posts